Thursday, August 14, 2008

Boat Insurance

I learned something new today about boats and insurance that I thought I would post in case anyone ever found this blog. Sorry if you already know this. A couple of weeks ago I saw a letter to Canoe & Kayak magazine that talked about someone’s kayak being stolen while they were shuttling on foot. When the person asked their (State Farm) agent about how to file a claim they were told it was not covered under their homeowners and that additional coverage is needed.

Today we were talking with our (State Farm) agent so I asked about it and got basically the same answer; our boats are not covered by homeowners insurance off the premises. Even auto insurance only covers damage to a vehicle if a boat were to do something like come loose from my trailer and damage another vehicle. The boat is not covered.

No comments: